This is an old revision of the document!
Alpine on HarleyDigital/LJCK
There are a number of locations within the HarleyDigital infrastructure where Alpine Linux can be used to replace Arch Linux, after a thorough vetting process1).
- Mirror: small, easy, only needs lighttpd and lots of storage
- eBooks/Misc: same as above, but less storage
- WebGate (reverse proxy): nginx with libpam (which'll have to be compiled)
- LJCK: only needs lighttpd/php, but I don't know when DO will support Alpine
- UbunPlex: Might be trouble getting plex running on apline. Also needs transmission.
- SSHGate: openssh & google auth pam module
- AppServ/AppDev/AppDev1: Shouldn't be a problem, generally just used for nginx/python/perl/bash dev
- RPIIDS: I'll have to test to make sure alpine and my script works well on an RPi
- ArchPXE: tftp server, decent storage
- ArchDock: docker host, there's a 1.8.0 package so that's about all there is to it.